Providence is calling a Nursing Assistant (Full time/Night shift) in Medical/Surgical at Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center in Tarzana, CA.
We are seeking a Nurse Assistant in Medical/Surgical who will report to the Nurse Manager, with direction from the Registered Nurse &/or LVN, this position is responsible for providing high quality, individualized basic care activities.
In this position you will:
- Promote patient, physician and employee satisfaction by personal example, treating all contacts with respect
- Support and participate in activities that foster customer service.
- Communicate and follow the organizational chain of command for notification of patient care/service issues, when appropriate
- Maintain required applicable licensure, certification and education.
- Attend and successfully completes general and department orientation, in-service programs and the annual key competencies and mandatory update requirements
- Participate actively in department staff meetings
- Demonstrate mastery of verbal and written communications
- Observe patient issues/concerns/problems and reports, in a timely manner, normal and abnormal findings on an ongoing basis to LVN or RN
- Provide care that considers physical, psychosocial, spiritual and cultural needs of patients
- Contribute to patient care by assisting the patient in basic living activities such as bathing, oral care, positioning, linen changes, vital signs and ambulating
- Complete assigned duties and treatment on a daily basis within the scope of practice
- Under the direction of the RN/LVN and in conjunction with patient/family, the NA provides care based on the individualized patient care plan
- Document care provided in the patient care record in accordance with policies and procedures
- Evaluate and respond appropriately to ensure patient safety based on the physical environment, equipment and the patient’s behavior
- Demonstrate the ability to provide care in emergency situations and follows established emergency procedures and practices
- Demonstrate competence in the clinical knowledge, skills required, and technology utilized in the department
- Answer call lights in a timely manner and responds appropriately
- Be within the scope of practice, assists in coordination of student clinical experience and orientation of new staff
- Demonstrate willingness & ability to float to areas within their scope of practice as necessary
- Demonstrate knowledge of age specific care, including but not limited to, identifying the need for additional safety measures, physiological normal values/readings; and observing skin integrity, behavior, motor skills and/or activities that place patients at risk as well as communicates effectively in a clear, concise, understandable manner. Applicable for the populations: Adult and Geriatric
- Completion of Nursing Assistant course
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS-HCP)
- Current LA City Fire Card within 90 days of hire
- Current CNA certification
- One (1) year experience in acute care setting
APPLY ONLINE NOW! > Provide ALL requested documentation > Profile Submission to preferred facility > Approval > Attend training / orientation classes > login ID issued > START WORK!
How to Apply
APPLY ONLINE NOW! or Call us at (818) 225-7918 for complete applications and details