Working under the direction of the RN Case Manager, the Discharge Planner completes referrals for post-acute services for patients and assists with tasks that do not require a clinical license or degree. The Discharge Planner s responsibilities include the following activities:
- Arrange post-discharge services
- Create and follow up on electronic referrals using the Tenet Case Management system
- Review patient choice letters with patients/families for required signatures
- Provide follow up Important Message to Medicare patients prior to discharge
- Communicate with patients, families and other members of the care team
- Complete tasks assigned by Case Manager
- Make copies, send faxes and complete phone calls
- Complete process reviews or audits as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Required skills and abilities: Word processing skills necessary. Knowledge of medical terminology. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Maintains confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
Preferred: UR/UM process within hospital, insurance company or medical office environment, hospital. Admitting process experience or SNF admitting process
- Submit Application – click here
- Provide requested documentation
- Complete health, background, and competency screening
- Attend facility specific orientation and training
- BEGIN WORK!!
How to Apply
- Apply Online – click here
- Call us (818)225-7918
- Email us email@example.com