- Maintains current knowledge of advances and current trends in endoscopy procedures, anesthesia, and post operative care.
- Maintains current knowledge of medical/legal trends in surgery and Pre-op/PACU/GI Lab.
- Knowledge and ability to identify and select GI instruments and equipment necessary for patient procedures i.e. endoscopic set up, scopes, video equipment, and safe use of electro-surgical unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of principles of safe electro cautery.
- Demonstrates attention to detail by ensuring that all documentation is legible, complete, accurate, and factual.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives.
- Has knowledge of patient rights and strives to improve patient outcomes by respecting each patient’s cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory, compliance, and accreditation standards and requirements.
- Possesses critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates a willingness to listen to others and openly expresses respect for differing opinions.
- Demonstrates leadership, effective organizing, and planning skills.
- Effective problem solving skills to include data analysis and judgment to make effective decisions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High Impact Communication – Effective oral and written communication skills
- Computer Skills – Knowledge and basic use of computer skills.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to build trust and gain respect through effective team leadership and participation skills.
- In addition to per diem nursing assignments that let you choose your location and schedule, ERN Services offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical benefits
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum 2 year experience in a GI setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
- Additional specialty experience may be required as per facility practices(i.e. Pediatric, GI, etc)
- Active RN license as required by state of employment.
- Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable.
- ACLS required.
- PALS as required by facility.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work hours are variable based on patient care needs;
- Ability to sit and stand for prolong periods of time, ability to walk, some bending, stooping and stretching;
- Capability for overhead and low reaching activity;
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and occasional use of other office equipment;
- Requires normal range of hearing/eyesight/voice projection to record, prepare, and communicate appropriately;
- Physical strength for equipment needs and patient care activities; may require frequent lifting/moving up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting/moving in excess of 50 pounds;
- Ability to move quickly in response to patient needs;
- Ability to make constant/frequent judgment/response to problem;
- Exposure to noisy equipment;
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations, high stress/pressure, handles emergency or crisis situations, regular interaction with emotional patients and/or family members;
- Work is performed in a patient care setting and may involve exposure to infections, communicable diseases and hazardous materials, radiation/laser, waste gases and blood and body fluids. Frequent exposure to water and chemicals used in disinfection/sterilization process.
Credentialing / Approval Process
APPLY ONLINE NOW! > Provide ALL requested documentation > Profile Submission to preferred facility > Approval > Attend training / orientation classes > login ID issued > START WORK!
How to Apply
APPLY ONLINE NOW! or Call us at (818) 225-7918 for complete applications and details