- Travel Rate:
- Per Diem Rate:
- Direct Hire (TBD at contract phase)
- To assure that the highest quality nursing care is delivered to the patient in a timely and cost effective manner.
B. To help return the patient to a state of optimal wellness or to a state in which the highest quality of life can be maintained.
C. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team, including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
D. Is able to alternate patient care plans and own assignment in a changing, fast-paced environment. Communicates verbally and in writing in a consistent, positive manner.
E. Performs a hand-off communications when patient transfers and during shift report using SBar Tools.
F. Functions as charge nurse as requested.
G. Floats to sister units with a positive attitude.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: BREAK NURSE (RN)
In addition to the above RN responsibilities, the RN Break Nurse is responsible for the following:
A. Performs a brief hand-off communication with licensed staff relieving for accurate continuous care.
B. Attend Rapid Responses and assist as directed by Charge Nurse and Director.
C. Chart audits performed as directed by charge nurse or director.
D. Confirm Core Measure compliance is maintained through Core Measure sheet audit versus chart and MAR documentation
E. Assist with taking off orders and/or answer phones in absence of the unit clerk or monitor tech.
F. Assist with procedures being performed on unit or cover the other patients assigned to the licensed nurse assisting.
G. Service Recovery – As requested by Charge Nurse and/or Director to help patient and/or family receive increased surveillance to improve satisfaction. Works in concert with other healthcare team members.
H. ICU Only – Break nurse has a dual function of break relief and Rapid Response responder for all areas.
A. Work Experience –
• Specialty units (ICU, ED OR, PACU) require a minimum of one (1) year previous experience.
B. Education — Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred).
C. License, Certification, or Registration Required — Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California. Current BLS and ACLS for healthcare providers. Additional specialty certifications required for:
• OR, PACU, ED – PALS.
• National certifications preferred (CCRN, ORN, etc.)
D. Language Skills – Must possess ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
- Health Insurance or HSA Account
- Retirement Plan
- Reimbursements (Travel, CEU, License and Certifications)
- Submit Application – click here
- Provide requested documentation
- Complete health, background and competency screening
- Attend facility specific orientation and training
- BEGIN WORK!!
How To Apply
- Apply Online – click here
- Call us (818)225-7918
- Email us email@example.com