- Travel Rate:
- Per Diem Rate:
- Direct Hire (TBD at contract phase)
A Registered Nurse- First Assistant (RNFA) may be credentialed as an Allied Health Professional with privileges to first assist on surgical procedures under the direct supervision and sponsorship of a Surgeon who is a member of the Medical Staff of West Hills Hospital & Medical Center. A letter of sponsorship from the employing Surgeon is required if the RNFA is not employed by the hospital. The RNFA is responsible to the employing Physician and WestHills Hospital & Medical Center, and will not function as a Scrub Nurse while functioning as an RNFA. This position will comply with all existing Operating Room protocols. Termination of privileges of the sponsoring Surgeon will result in automatic termination of privileges for the RNFA.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Minimum of two (2) current years of diversified Operating Room experience.
- Completion of an accredited course in RN First Assisting, including didactic and preceptor training.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in applying principles of asepsis and infection control.
- Proficient in perioperative nursing practice, both as a Scrub Nurse and Circulating Nurse.
- Demonstrated knowledge of surgical anatomy, physiology, and operative techniques relative to procedures wherein the RFNA assists.
- California Registered Nurse licensure, current Operating Room Nurse certification, and current Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certification required.
- Must also meet requirements, statuses, regulations, and Hospital policies and procedures relevant to RNFA.
- Health Insurance or HSA Account
- Retirement Plan
- Reimbursements (Travel, CEU, License and Certifications)
- Submit Application – click here
- Provide requested documentation
- Complete health, background and competency screening
- Attend facility specific orientation and training
- BEGIN WORK!!
How To Apply
- Apply Online – click here
- Call us (818)225-7918
- Email us email@example.com